The Ridgefield Library (203-438-2282) has entered a second year back in a brand new and old home at 472 Main Street. Website:

The new building opened on May 9, 2014 after a $20 million construction project closed the building for about 20 months.

The festivities in the spring of 2014 included a re-opening of the Main Street doors in the old 1903 Morris building as a public entrance; a dedication of the Wall of Donors honoring more than 150 individuals, families and institutions who contributed $10,000 or more to help build the new library; a presentation of awards for leadership and volunteer service; the unveiling of the Community Mural created by artist Marcia Simha, with more than 500 book spine inscriptions and other dedications from donors in the community; music by members of the Ridgefield Symphony Orchestra; tours of the building led by Friends of the Library and other volunteers; and demonstrations given to show off new technology in the building, including the Donofrio Family Technology Resource Center for technology instruction and “makerspace” creativity and innovation projects. The library staff also introduced a new circulation system using